A brand new qualification.
HALF Fish is one of the few training providers across the country that will be able to run this course initially.
Our Advanced Practitioner, Shelley Whitehead, was part of the team that actually wrote this qualification in 2018/19.
The SEQ Level 3 Swim Coordinator qualification has been
produced collaboratively with the swimming sector, to develop leadership skills, support business needs, improve the customer experience and maximise pool performance.
The programme is relevant to the current operating
environment and you will utilise working case studies from your own organisation, creating solutions which can be implemented immediately, to ensure the delivery of safe, high-quality and successful
Who is the course designed for?
This qualification is for current swim coordinators or for
those aspiring to be a swim coordinator/ manager (or similar).
The course is split into 6 modules and delivered through
live interactive webinars, classroom sessions and tutorials.
The course modules cover:
Evaluating your performance and identify strengths to
develop and areas for improvement including:
- Creating Personal Development Plans
- Tracking your training and seeking opportunities
Legal requirements and guidelines
Understanding legal requirements and how they relate to
coordinating swimming programmes including:
- Recruitment and work regulations
- Risk assessments
Producing a business improvement plan and identifying
opportunities which maximise revenue and enhances the customer experience including:
- Reviewing figures on a weekly/monthly basis
- Competitor analysis
- Collecting and using customer feedback
Coordinating swim programmes
Monitoring, evaluating and improving swimming programmes
- Maximising pool space and timetabling
- Planning events
- Improving sales by engaging and retaining customers
- Reducing waiting lists and preventing bottlenecks
- Wider participation pathways
- Collecting and review participants’ information to ensure programmes and pathways are appropriate
Observation and mentoring
Developing and motivating your workforce including:
- Identifying strengths and areas for development
- Using and adapting motivational techniques
- Positively dealing with staff conflict
Understanding effective approaches for communicating with
- Appropriate communication methods for different stakeholders and situations
- Impacting the effectiveness of communication
The assessment will consist of an externally moderated
portfolio. This will be based on workplace evidence and will require you to demonstrate skills in a scenario situation. The portfolio tasks will require an understanding of the swimming teacher’s
role in developing and delivering high-quality swimming teaching as well as being able to show the proven ability to organise workforce members and lead assessment tasks.
You must be at least 18 years of age or older on the first
day of the course
We recommend that you hold an SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming
qualification (or equivalent), but this is not a requirement.